Friday, October 18, 2013

Make good work


Over the past few months I have been writing this on my wrist with a sharpie.
It has become a creative mantra for me whenever I'm in a lull, as well as a central theme of the book I'm writing.

Whenever I get sidetracked with questions like, "what is to become of this?" Or, "Is there any reason for me to continue?", I just stop and breathe for a second and remind myself that right now, in this present moment, I am only called to make good work and nothing more.

Nice to simplify life sometimes....

Ps. Me writing this everyday on my wrists serves a dual purpose.  When I finish the book, I've decided to celebrate by getting this permanently tattooed on my wrist...this way, when I look at it everyday, I can grow accustomed to what it will eventually look like.  I like to be sober when I get tattooed!:)



No comments:

Post a Comment