Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The old to new...

Just dug this self portrait out of the attic so that I could strip it down and use it's frames.

It was a rather large painting done almost 15 years ago, suffering water damage while in storage on my parents farmhouse in Ohio.

The composition is comprised of two separate canvases, split at the torso, done right after nicole and I married.

I cut the canvases off, rolled them up and placed them back in storage, then glued and nailed wood inside the frames.  They will be used for a new series of paintings I'm working on with screen, wood, and spray paint.

If you look close in the series of photos documenting the process, you can see old pieces of barn wood, used on the farm to make the supporting trusses on the frame.












No comments:

Post a Comment